Topic Author

Re: News from the 'Border'

January 20th, 2020, 7:28 pm

Stormont Assembly rejects UK's Brexit withdrawal deal

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/0120/1109650-stormont/

bearish

January 20th, 2020, 7:36 pm

The most relevant observation in the article was probably that "The decision by assembly members will not affect the Government's plan to leave the EU at the end of the month."

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

January 21st, 2020, 10:03 am

The most relevant observation in the article was probably that "The decision by assembly members will not affect the Government's plan to leave the EU at the end of the month."
Boris doesn't need the DUP. But I knew that all the time. Me studied history.
Of course, at some stage most people will realise that there is only one logical endgame.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

January 22nd, 2020, 2:28 pm

two more

The UK is facing a constitutional crisis after each of the three devolved administrations voted against Brexit legislation, the SNP's Westminster leader said.
Ian Blackford spoke after the Welsh Assembly voted yesterday to reject the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill - following in the footsteps of the Scottish Parliament and the Northern Ireland Assembly.

bearish

January 22nd, 2020, 2:41 pm

two more

The UK is facing a constitutional crisis after each of the three devolved administrations voted against Brexit legislation, the SNP's Westminster leader said.
Ian Blackford spoke after the Welsh Assembly voted yesterday to reject the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill - following in the footsteps of the Scottish Parliament and the Northern Ireland Assembly.
I think it’s fair to say that Brexit was always an English project. Views held in the colonies were given rather short shrift.

Paul

January 22nd, 2020, 3:10 pm

Of course, at some stage most people will realise that there is only one logical endgame.
What is it?!?! Normally I don't like spoilers but this time I can cope.

Paul

January 22nd, 2020, 3:11 pm

two more

I think it’s fair to say that Brexit was always an English project. Views held in the colonies were given rather short shrift.
Then London is now a colony also.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

January 22nd, 2020, 4:06 pm

What is it?!?! Normally I don't like spoilers but this time I can cope.
There are several future scenarios. More rational thinking on economics and less ideology. 
It is no longer the Conservative and Unionist party. Disraeli would turn in his grave were he alive today.
They even want to send the Lords to Coventry (I passed through it at the weekend (on the bus)..), er I mean York, beside the train station.
Clever move for BBC CEO to resign. Cummings would probably prefer a more fluid Fox News style..

It is sad. I just hope that they fix the motorway between Morpeth and Hexham.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on January 22nd, 2020, 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Paul

January 22nd, 2020, 4:13 pm

Clear as mud! Nostradamus is easier to understand!

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

January 22nd, 2020, 6:52 pm

Which part is not clear? It is a bit of a monologue interiors.
I heard most of it on the BBC 2..

Clear as mud! Nostradamus is easier to understand!
And compared to Joyce, how am I doing?

Paul

January 22nd, 2020, 8:35 pm

two more

And Westminster tried to overturn Brexit for three years. Don’t pay any attention to what parliaments and assemblies say. It’s the people that matter.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

January 22nd, 2020, 11:39 pm

Some of the people some of the time and not all of the people all of the time, and certainly not in all the provinces.

bearish

January 23rd, 2020, 3:12 am

two more

Then London is now a colony also.
Yeah - I definitely know people there who feel that way.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

January 23rd, 2020, 10:18 am

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

March 3rd, 2020, 4:54 pm

Leo and friends