Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Gamal
Topic Author

New racism

November 3rd, 2019, 7:03 am

bearish

Re: New racism

November 3rd, 2019, 12:50 pm

I can’t speak to the Ukrainian part, but Bulgaria does seem to be more under the control of the local mafia than most EU countries.

Gamal
Topic Author

November 3rd, 2019, 1:38 pm

BTW - do you know anything about Bulgaria? You, not the internet. Their politics, their history, what they eat, how they live? It's the most mysterious nation on Earth. 

bearish

November 3rd, 2019, 2:00 pm

Let's go with "no". I almost went on a vacation there back in the communist days, on account that it was ridiculously cheap. But we settled on Benidorm instead. My guess is that the beaches of Varna wouldn't have revealed that many mysteries anyway.

katastrofa

November 3rd, 2019, 2:14 pm

I don't speak French, but it seems something was lost in translation:
Il y a des emplois que vous ne ferez plus occuper à des Français, comme le métier de plongeur. Je suis lucide : c’était déjà impossible il y a 40 ans  ! Je préfère avoir de la migration légale, enregistrée, sous quotas, pendant x années plutôt que du travail détaché dissimulé. Je préfère avoir des gens qui viennent de Guinée ou de Côte d’Ivoire légaux, qui sont là et qui font ce travail, que des filières bulgares ou ukrainiennes clandestines.
In this context "candestines" seems to mean a common collocation: "clandestine immigrants" in English or  "immigratos clandestinos" in español, i.e. underground/uncodumented immigration.

Besides, I'd think immigration from those countries to France (documented or not) is miniscule. Maybe Macron tried to pretend that they have the Africans and Asians under control (:

Gamal
Topic Author

November 3rd, 2019, 2:48 pm

I do speak French. This man is an idiot and racist.

katastrofa

November 3rd, 2019, 3:09 pm

Foreign office's job is to react to such incidents, but otherwise it's been ignored in Ukraine as much as I can tell. Surrender monkeys are pro-Putin.

Cuchulainn

November 3rd, 2019, 7:54 pm

Gamal
Topic Author

November 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Foreign office's job is to react to such incidents, but otherwise it's been ignored in Ukraine as much as I can tell.
Sure. People care how to survive until the next day.

katastrofa

November 4th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Earlier this year I met a guy who learnt Ukrainian, because he met a Ukrainian girl and was so soon marry and relocate to live with her (a very sensible chap, even if he introduced himself as a politician - !!). He told me that he liked Ukraine better than the UK. One of my old friends moved from London to Ukraine with her partner, a non-U guy whom she met in London, and they opened their dream business there.
It's generally not that bad. I also miss home more and more, and will eventually go back there (with my cat) :-)