SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

UK and the EU: In or out?

July 4th, 2016, 11:25 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonI have noticed you do tend to have low expectations.

daveangel

July 4th, 2016, 11:28 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonI have noticed you do tend to have low expectations.there ain't no resignation like a nigel resignation
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

Cuchulainn

July 4th, 2016, 11:31 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonI have noticed you do tend to have low expectations.there ain't no resignation like a nigel resignationOn the other hand, he is the kind of guy you could invite to Random Walkers in the Counting House.

ppauper

July 4th, 2016, 11:51 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonI have noticed you do tend to have low expectations.lol, i realize that cuch thinks the brits are a bunch of ne'er-do-wells, but there have been some exceptions, such as Francis Drake and Nigel FarageIl Duce however agrees with cuch,Quote"These men are not made of the same stuff as Francis Drake and the other magnificent adventurers who created the Empire. They are after all the tired sons of a long line of rich men."
Last edited by ppauper on July 3rd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

July 4th, 2016, 12:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonI have noticed you do tend to have low expectations.lol, i realize that cuch thinks the brits are a bunch of ne'er-do-wells, but there have been some exceptions, such as Francis Drake and Nigel FarageIl Duce however agrees with cuch,Quote"These men are not made of the same stuff as Francis Drake and the other magnificent adventurers who created the Empire. They are after all the tired sons of a long line of rich men."Poops is playing to the galleries, again.

Cuchulainn

July 4th, 2016, 12:09 pm

QuoteIl Duce however agrees with cuch,LOL remember on the kissing cousin thread (2006) you said I was worse than Mr Hitler.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 3rd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamal

July 4th, 2016, 12:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonI have noticed you do tend to have low expectations.there ain't no resignation like a nigel resignationNever dream. Your dreams may come true as nightmares.
Last edited by Gamal on July 3rd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

July 4th, 2016, 5:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonbut, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.

ppauper

July 4th, 2016, 5:41 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonbut, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.I think it's commendable that mr farage stepped down.I'm a big believer that we shouldn't have professional policitians, rather that we have people from other walks of life who take a few years off from their real job and server Term limits (contract with America) are a good ideaAnd in DC, there's a statue of George Washington as a farmer, the significance of which is that the greatest American went home to his farm after 2 terms rather than becoming a dictator and reigning for life like King George, and that set a pattern: until the Roosevelt boys, everyone else was satisfied with 2 termsThen TR had just shy of 2 terms following McKinley's assassination and tried for a 3rd in 1912, and of course FDR reigned forever

Cuchulainn

July 4th, 2016, 6:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonbut, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.I think it's commendable that mr farage stepped down.I'm a big believer that we shouldn't have professional policitians, rather that we have people from other walks of life who take a few years off from their real job and server Term limits (contract with America) are a good ideaAnd in DC, there's a statue of George Washington as a farmer, the significance of which is that the greatest American went home to his farm after 2 terms rather than becoming a dictator and reigning for life like King George, and that set a pattern: until the Roosevelt boys, everyone else was satisfied with 2 termsThen TR had just shy of 2 terms following McKinley's assassination and tried for a 3rd in 1912, and of course FDR reigned foreverOne of my relatives guarded FDR's coffin when it laid in waiting.

katastrofa

July 4th, 2016, 6:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonbut, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.I think it's commendable that mr farage stepped down.I'm a big believer that we shouldn't have professional policitians, rather that we have people from other walks of life who take a few years off from their real job and server Term limits (contract with America) are a good ideaAnd in DC, there's a statue of George Washington as a farmer, the significance of which is that the greatest American went home to his farm after 2 terms rather than becoming a dictator and reigning for life like King George, and that set a pattern: until the Roosevelt boys, everyone else was satisfied with 2 termsThen TR had just shy of 2 terms following McKinley's assassination and tried for a 3rd in 1912, and of course FDR reigned foreverOne of my relatives guarded FDR's coffin when it laid in waiting.Your relative crashed FDR's wake? Cool...

Cuchulainn

July 4th, 2016, 7:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperNigel Farage has earned his place in history as the man who led Britain out of the EU the greatest britonbut, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.I think it's commendable that mr farage stepped down.I'm a big believer that we shouldn't have professional policitians, rather that we have people from other walks of life who take a few years off from their real job and server Term limits (contract with America) are a good ideaAnd in DC, there's a statue of George Washington as a farmer, the significance of which is that the greatest American went home to his farm after 2 terms rather than becoming a dictator and reigning for life like King George, and that set a pattern: until the Roosevelt boys, everyone else was satisfied with 2 termsThen TR had just shy of 2 terms following McKinley's assassination and tried for a 3rd in 1912, and of course FDR reigned foreverOne of my relatives guarded FDR's coffin when it laid in waiting.Your relative crashed FDR's wake? Cool...He dressed up like a soldier + all the accessories.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 3rd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tw

July 4th, 2016, 7:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnbut, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.Was it Carol Reed or Graham Greene that did that voice over?

Cuchulainn

July 5th, 2016, 4:02 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: twQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnbut, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.Was it Carol Reed or Graham Greene that did that voice over?Seems it was Reed; I was always under the impression it was Orson Welles.

Cuchulainn

July 5th, 2016, 5:30 am

Villiers: Stranraer passport control post-Brexit would be controversial
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 4th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On