SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

lima2019
Topic Author

Latest development in Financial Engineering

April 30th, 2020, 12:43 am

My discussion class (grade counted) in Financial Engineering (exotic options and structured products) is asking us to describe a recent development in financial engineering that is interesting and that is likely to generate a long-term impact on the industry.
Very much appreciated if anyone could share some insights or shares some papers/articles.

Many thanks,
Li

bearish

Re: Latest development in Financial Engineering

May 1st, 2020, 3:54 pm

This is probably on the edge of your definition of “financial engineering”, but how to design and execute actively managed ETFs is a current hot topic in the asset management community.

Matrixtrainor

Re: Latest development in Financial Engineering

June 2nd, 2020, 1:42 pm

Hello, 
I don't know if this is what you'd call Hot, but I've been hearing talk about using Neural Networks for  Bermudan and American options pricing in high dimension.
a few papers : 
Kohler, M. , Krzyzak, A. and Todorovic, N. (2010), Pricing Of High-Dimensional American Options By Neural Networks. Mathematical Finance, Vol. 20. MC approach with NN to estimate the continuation values; Consider at most 5-d basket. 
Ludkovski M., (2018). Kriging Metamodels and Experimental Design for Bermudan Option Pricing. Journal of Computational Finance, Vol. 22. Use of GPR and MC approach; Consider at most 5-d basket. 
Becker S., Cheridito P., and Jentzen A., (2019) Deep Optimal Stopping. Journal of Machine Learning Research, Vol. 20. Deep learning method for optimal stopping problems; Consider at most 500-d basket.
 Lapeyre, B., Lelong, J. (2019). Neural Network Regression for Bermudan Option Pricing. arXiv preprint arXiv:1907.06474. Prove the convergence of the Longstaff-Schwartz algorithm when the LS regression is replaced by NN. 
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On