Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

sunzhoujian
Topic Author

facebook profile

March 26th, 2007, 12:55 pm

Do you guys use facebook?If so, I'd like to add you to my facebook and I believe that will foster a closer community of quant...If you have, I just need know your email address.

sunzhoujian
Topic Author

facebook profile

March 26th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Hi outrun, thanks for your reply.I used LinkedIn before, however, I think facebook is far better than that since you can update your recently activity with your friends among other things. That will build a trust among friends over time...That's why some folks jumped from LinkedIn to facebook because facebook has a brighter future...

sunzhoujian
Topic Author

facebook profile

March 26th, 2007, 1:36 pm

If you have one and don't want to disclose here, you can add me to your friend list by [email protected] look forward to getting to know people from this community and I hope that will be mutually beneifical for our professional career and personal life...1) We can view each other's life more closely.2) We can share and get to know more friends in the top firms in New York Area and around the world.3) We can organize events and distribute message directly and quickly.4) We can get to know books other people are recommended, so we can save time for avoiding the bad ones...

mit

facebook profile

April 8th, 2007, 8:01 pm

has anybody indeed added u there

sunzhoujian
Topic Author

facebook profile

April 8th, 2007, 8:10 pm

There do have a few from various companies. I am not sure if that comes from here.That's a good field, since eveyone is relatively more true there, it is hard for guys to throw meaningless sentence there...

quantmeh

facebook profile

April 8th, 2007, 8:32 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: sunzhoujianI used LinkedIn before, however, I think facebook is far better than that since you can update your recently activity with your friends among other things. That will build a trust among friends over time...facebook is considered to be mostly students' social network. it's opened up recently though. LinkedIn is mostly professional networking site, it generates very little or no spam.

sunzhoujian
Topic Author

facebook profile

April 8th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Facebook has more than millions of professional right now. I am not ad for facebook and I have no connection with both facebook and linkedin. I am just a user, however, from a user's point, I would more trust the connect built from facebook instead of linkedin because you can see the person more by facebook... I tried both and I really believe that facebook is a good thing. I want to use that to get to know folks here...

quantmeh

facebook profile

April 8th, 2007, 8:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: sunzhoujianI want to use that to get to know folks here... all i'm saying is that folks here may shy away from facebook because of its perceived "student social network" style.

sunzhoujian
Topic Author

facebook profile

April 8th, 2007, 8:54 pm

That's just your own perception and that is wrong...That is actually a "trusted social network" style... Most of them are young folks(student and professional) though...

mit

facebook profile

April 9th, 2007, 2:13 am

ok,,tell me how to add u there

sunzhoujian
Topic Author

facebook profile

April 9th, 2007, 2:25 am

[email protected] is my email address... You can invite me there...