SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

rashmi
Topic Author

Monte Carlo Simulation

April 2nd, 2007, 12:25 pm

Hi friends ,i hav started as a begginer in finance.Can someone help me in Monte Carlo simulation using Libor Market Model to simulate FRAs (quarterly) , assuming first FRA to be martingale measure.Also i want to ask which is better language to code the simulation in c , c++ or c# ?Thanks for ur help in advance.

mdrand

Monte Carlo Simulation

April 5th, 2007, 7:04 am

hello,my advice is to learn C++ and Matlab.

Aaron

Monte Carlo Simulation

April 5th, 2007, 1:23 pm

All three languages are fine for simulation. C has the least overhead, C++ is the most common in the industry, C# is good if you like C#. mdrand's suggestion of Matlab is also good, if your interest is in finance rather than programming, it will save you time. Matlab is the most common tool for quants.Break this project into two parts. First, code a Monte Carlo simulation of the Libor market model, then worry about pricing FRA's. Both of these projects are straightforward.

DominicConnor

Monte Carlo Simulation

April 5th, 2007, 6:05 pm

Aaron is right that Matlab being common for quants. As a headhunter I will add that C++ is the best languag for your CV. Most managers see Matlab as "trivial", and thus you don't so many points for it.

rashmi
Topic Author

Monte Carlo Simulation

April 6th, 2007, 4:26 am

Hi everyone !!Thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions.Will let you of any further help needed.Any further suggestions are always welcome.I have no idea of MATLAB , just heard of it.Could some one please tell nearly how much time will it take to learn MATLAB for a person new to finance (like me) ? I would like to add that i have some knowledge of C ,C++ and have just started with C# . Cheers Rashmi

quantmeh

Monte Carlo Simulation

April 6th, 2007, 9:15 pm

QuoteCould some one please tell nearly how much time will it take to learn MATLAB for a person new to finance (like me) ?it takes 15 minutes to start using it, imho. i think that there's a tutorial which comes with it, that has to walk you through the features. i started using matlab in february, it was really easy. though i used other tools like Maple and Mathematica before, so the concept was familiar.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On