SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

lix
Topic Author

the attached file is wat came as one of the past paper in our uni exam .. ppl plz have a go at it ..

May 10th, 2007, 7:14 pm

zedron ... atleast can u plzz post on the numerical ones and question no 2 soluyion over here in the same nice format which u did earlier few days back for question 1

Zedr0n

the attached file is wat came as one of the past paper in our uni exam .. ppl plz have a go at it ..

May 10th, 2007, 7:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: lixzedron ... atleast can u plzz post on the numerical ones and question no 2 soluyion over here in the same nice format which u did earlier few days back for question 1I have a finmath exam coming this saturday so time is pretty limited right now. I'll try but I can't promise anything

lix
Topic Author

May 10th, 2007, 8:34 pm

cool ... itz not a problem mate .. u study hard for u finmaths exams .. good luck to u .. and i wuld wait for ur posts after saturday if that wuld be possible for u .. i have got time left .. b/c my exams r not that near by .. ... thnx for ur support mate .. God Bless You... and hope u do really well in ur exams ...

TraderJoe

May 10th, 2007, 9:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: lixhey zedron .. i know this is askig too much .. but can u solve the other answers .. esp the payoff diagram one and numerical ones like u solved the first one and uploaded it ... i wanna see the whole process .. although i know the concept behind these ... i have difficulty solving questions such as this ... and i am unable to check my answers whether i am doin it the right way or not .. hopin for a positive response from u .. cheersWhy are you even doing finance?

Antonio

May 11th, 2007, 7:17 am

Just one general question, and a smaller one :- What's the point of asking others to do one's exercices ? I mean, if someone does a MSc in Finance/FinMaths,... ,usually it's to go and work for a bank afterwards, where he will be asked to solve problems (Financial or Maths one). Basic questions such as P/C Parity, comparison between the option price and its intrinsic value, implied volatility,..., are useful to understand the market (at least as far as I can see). If you can't answer these questions - for a TAKE-HOME exam - what's the point in applygin for a job on the market ?- Second question : seems like the letter "o" oftern disappears in this new typing-mobile phone-like- language : "u shuld do that", "I wuld". Why do people hate this lovely little letter that much ?

lix
Topic Author

May 11th, 2007, 8:13 am

well all of you have a very valid point. Firstly to make it clear this is not a take home exam. These are past papers. My lectures were very theoretical, and it did not contain a single numerical example in it. Now when I am trying to go through past papers, ofcourse I do have lots of uncertainity in solving them. I have a decent grade till now . i.e. 2:1st and surely I do not cheat in my university exams, which are certainly not any take home exams. And if you guys think that, I am not making an effort to understand anything, then wait till you see all the 160 graduates in my Finance class, who are certainly not making even this effort. I guess I was just looking for help, everybody learns in his way, and I guess this is the way I am used to learning. How can I ever move forward, when I dont know that what I have done in the past trying by myself is correct or not.Thanks

Antonio

May 11th, 2007, 9:29 am

I was not blaming y(o)u. That was just a general thought. But y(o)u sh(o)uld admit that it did look like a take-home exam to be done by others.

bogracer

May 11th, 2007, 9:48 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: lixwell all of you have a very valid point. Firstly to make it clear this is not a take home exam. These are past papers. My lectures were very theoretical, and it did not contain a single numerical example in it. Now when I am trying to go through past papers, ofcourse I do have lots of uncertainity in solving them. I have a decent grade till now . i.e. 2:1st and surely I do not cheat in my university exams, which are certainly not any take home exams. And if you guys think that, I am not making an effort to understand anything, then wait till you see all the 160 graduates in my Finance class, who are certainly not making even this effort. I guess I was just looking for help, everybody learns in his way, and I guess this is the way I am used to learning. How can I ever move forward, when I dont know that what I have done in the past trying by myself is correct or not.ThanksDescribing how you attempted to solve these, what your approach was, where you are stuck, and so on would have elicited more feedback. That would be effort.

lix
Topic Author

May 13th, 2007, 7:39 pm

hey zedron .. sorry to bother u .. waited alot for ur post .. but u never replied back ... the only question which i am really havin trouble now is Q2 .. can u help me out wid that

Zedr0n

May 13th, 2007, 8:47 pm

I've covered the second question in my post earlier, didn't I?

TraderJoe

May 13th, 2007, 9:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: lixhey zedron .. sorry to bother u .. waited alot for ur post .. but u never replied back ... the only question which i am really havin trouble now is Q2 .. can u help me out wid that I think your English grammar needs a liitle help also. Man you're a loser.

acott

May 15th, 2007, 10:28 am

lix(1) You're at Business School. In England. Try to write intelligibly.(2) Stop sponging. If you really have a problem with question 2, then post your solution so far and ask specific questions.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On