Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Next Generation Design Patterns in C++ 11 and C#

April 6th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Slides, C++, C# code and chapter on multi-paradigm approach (Monte Carlo engine) to software development. HereFeedback welcome.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on April 5th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Next Generation Design Patterns in C++ 11 and C#

May 2nd, 2016, 9:02 pm

This first chapter on a defined process for software design that subsumes several other methods. Now that C++11/C++14 and C# are here we can easily map design blueprints to code.We take several smallish and medium-sized examples. We have the design for MC and PDE models, for example. Exercise 5 in the chapter gives an indication of other examples.When a system has been designed it can be hooked up to larger systems by ball and sockets. There is a clear assembly process going on here.Section 9.5 is Policy based design which probably does not scale to large systems, at least I cannot see how it can.All this was known since my book on Domain Architectures in 2004; two things have changed 1) C++ got better 2) I now concentrate on context diagram instead of jumping into design patterns. And the design will be ideally suitable to parallel processing (e.g. consider the parallel tasks in Figure 9.3).Suggestions and feedback welcome.// Data-driven design seems to be the buzzword in C++ these days. But it takes its cue (probably unknowingly) from the pioneering work of Tom de Marco, Ed Yourdon, and Michael Jackson.
Attachments
Chapter 9 An Introduction to Unified Software Design (USD).zip
(596.7 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Last edited by Cuchulainn on May 1st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Re: Next Generation Design Patterns in C++ 11 and C#

March 8th, 2024, 11:27 am

An emerging design pattern, an improved 3-layer model for OO inheritance.

This exposes a number of flaws in traditional approaches to OOP, plus a multiparadigm resolution thereof.
Attachments
An emerging design pattern.pdf
(103.57 KiB) Downloaded 16 times