Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

brontosaurus

Stolen Childhoods of Gaza Children

August 13th, 2010, 2:55 pm

not at all Fermion. Israel has been pretty open about the mis-use of Phosphurus, and has said it won't use it again. But I was responding to Amin's point about HRW's integrity, which has been compromised, though I am sure you will try not to notice that.

Fermion

August 13th, 2010, 3:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: brontosaurusnot at all Fermion. Israel has been pretty open about the mis-use of Phosphurus, and has said it won't use it again. Which is just another distraction from the truth that they were merely reprimanded.Quote But I was responding to Amin's point about HRW's integrity, which has been compromised, though I am sure you will try not to notice that.No you weren't. His point was that HRW's report was true. You were trying to distract attention from that. And you still keep trying. Just like your attempts to smear Goldstone in other threads.
Last edited by Fermion on August 12th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brontosaurus

August 13th, 2010, 3:13 pm

A reprimand is more than anything a British soldier got for cutting of an Argentinian's ear in the Falklands war, isn't it Fermion. And Amin's point was not your point at all. It wasn't Human Rights Not Being Watched that broke the story, and the organization was attacked for its integrity on a host of other instances, not this one. So what we are actually seeing here is a blatant attempt to give credibility to an organization that doesn't deserve it.

Fermion

August 13th, 2010, 3:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: brontosaurusA reprimand is more than anything a British soldier got for cutting of an Argentinian's ear in the Falklands war, isn't it Fermion. Still trying to distract, eh?QuoteAnd Amin's point was not your point at all.Yes it was. I thought you understood English.QuoteIt wasn't Human Rights Not Being Watched that broke the story, and the organization was attacked for its integrity on a host of other instances, not this one. So what we are actually seeing here is a blatant attempt to give credibility to an organization that doesn't deserve it.And what we are seeing here is a continued blatant attempt to distract attention from an embarrassing truth.

brontosaurus

August 13th, 2010, 3:44 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: FermionStill trying to distract, eh?Not at all Fermi. Just to contextualize.QuoteYes it was. I thought you understood English.Oh dear, and I thought you were capable of logical thought. QuoteAnd what we are seeing here is a continued blatant attempt to distract attention from an embarrassing truth.Once again, that is not the case. I have been pretty open -- from the beginning -- about the fact that steps should be taken to ensure it does not happen again. But what we are seeing from you here, however, is the willful ignorance: Amin was linking the HRW organization to the story about the Phosphorus. He is doing this because he knows how awful HRW look after it has been shown that they are a humanitarian organization that has been hijacked by political activists.

Amin
Topic Author

August 13th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Fermion is right. Human Rights Watch made an allegation which was also proved right in another UN investigation and finally Israel, to some extent, accepted that and reprimanded some officers who were responsible for that.I do not see anything wrong with raising money from Saudi, of course as long as it does not affect its neutrality. They also speak about injustices in Saudi society but that is another topic. Of course when you make serious allegations about Israel many people do not like that and try to argue that it is not neutral. But the point is that they made an allegation that another independent UN commission also accepted and Israel itself accepted that to some extent.
You think life is a secret, Life is only love of flying, It has seen many ups and downs, But it likes travel more than the destination. Allama Iqbal

brontosaurus

August 13th, 2010, 4:09 pm

Did HRW make the allegation first? I don't think so. It was all over the news. Al Jazeera posted the story with pictures, as did most other news networks. I am pretty sure that is false on your part, Amin.If you think an organization called Human Rights Watch taking money from a regime that stones homosexuals -- to specifically report negatively on Israel -- is behaving in a neutral manner then you have issues.

Fermion

August 13th, 2010, 10:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: brontosaurusQuoteOriginally posted by: FermionStill trying to distract, eh?Not at all Fermi. Just to contextualize.In a way that serves no purpose than to distract.QuoteQuoteYes it was. I thought you understood English.Oh dear, and I thought you were capable of logical thought. Yes. And I can read too. QuoteQuoteAnd what we are seeing here is a continued blatant attempt to distract attention from an embarrassing truth.Once again, that is not the case. I have been pretty open -- from the beginning -- about the fact that steps should be taken to ensure it does not happen again. But what we are seeing from you here, however, is the willful ignorance: Amin was linking the HRW organization to the story about the Phosphorus. He is doing this because he knows how awful HRW look after it has been shown that they are a humanitarian organization that has been hijacked by political activists.Another distraction. This time smearing Amin by questioning his motivation for speaking truth.
Last edited by Fermion on August 13th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Errrb

August 13th, 2010, 11:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Amin Israel admits it used white phosphorus in GAZAAfter all Human Rights Watch report was not a lie.It looks like your comprehension ability is heavily impacted by medication that you take, combined with your low IQ and muslim indoctrination it makes me to believe that it is a waste of time to discuss anything with you.Nevertheless, read your own link! It clearly states: 1) IDF never denied that white phosphorus was used. 2) It is not forbidden by international law.

Cuchulainn

Re: Stolen Childhoods of Gaza Children

April 1st, 2024, 6:20 pm

Another precision operation from IDF.

Cuchulainn

April 2nd, 2024, 11:00 am

Cuchulainn

April 5th, 2024, 10:37 am