SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Paul
Topic Author

Re: Are you ready for Brexit?

June 2nd, 2019, 7:36 pm

Here's a nice video showing the social peace we'll get with a Corbyn government:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/ ... it-backer/

(I walked through central London last week with my Brexit Party canvas bag, and no one gave me my free bottle of water or milkshake.)
I don't think it will end with milkshakes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48488732
It’s just words, part of the free-speech territory.

The problem these youngsters have is that by being so vocal about their views it makes it harder for the natural process of growing up, and becoming less silly. They’ll lose a lot of face, which some people don’t like.

Has anyone actually read “Peter Pan”?

katastrofa

June 2nd, 2019, 8:37 pm

If the book teaches when to bite one's tongue, BJ certainly didn't read it either.
(I only remember from the book how that little asshole treated Wendy - I would never let my children read it without an enlightening commentary.)

bearish

June 2nd, 2019, 10:45 pm

Well, let's wait and see who bites whose tongue. As the saying goes, don't lick a gift horse in the mouth!

Paul
Topic Author

June 3rd, 2019, 6:55 am

Here's a nice video showing the social peace we'll get with a Corbyn government:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/ ... it-backer/

(I walked through central London last week with my Brexit Party canvas bag, and no one gave me my free bottle of water or milkshake.)
I don't think it will end with milkshakes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48488732
Killdren have been pulled from Glastonbury. I think that’s a shame. (But I bet it made the Glastonbury luvvies’ brains hurt making that decision.)

ISayMoo

June 3rd, 2019, 8:59 am

Don't throw away your tickets yet, Fat White Family is still on: "In a 2015 tweet, the punk rock band, from south-east London, said anyone who voted Tory had "blood" on their hands, and called for them to be executed."

I think we deported Abu Qatada to Jordan for saying such things?

Paul
Topic Author

June 3rd, 2019, 9:48 am

I don't have tickets. The one and only time I've been to the Glastonbury Festival was 20 years ago. I can't remember much apart from the toilets. 

But I was in Glastonbury last week, and the people there are very nice. Weird but nice. 

ISayMoo

June 3rd, 2019, 10:07 am

Glastonbury festival was featured in Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle.

katastrofa

June 3rd, 2019, 12:49 pm

Well, let's wait and see who bites whose tongue. As the saying goes, don't lick a gift horse in the mouth!
Peter Pan invited love-striken Wendy once a year to Neverland so that she cleaned up his house. I can forgive "picaninnies" and "savages with watermelon smiles" from a flippant politician, but inculcating in young children sexist attitudes infuriates me. The book should be banned! I need to go and wax the floor to calm down.

Paul
Topic Author

June 3rd, 2019, 2:14 pm

I think you should read the whole book!

katastrofa

June 3rd, 2019, 7:23 pm

Wendy dies and Peter Pan gets stabbed in a street brawl. This isn't a book for little children.

Paul
Topic Author

June 3rd, 2019, 7:25 pm

It’s much worse than that!

ISayMoo

June 3rd, 2019, 9:24 pm

tw

June 4th, 2019, 6:37 am

Don't throw away your tickets yet, Fat White Family is still on: "In a 2015 tweet, the punk rock band, from south-east London, said anyone who voted Tory had "blood" on their hands, and called for them to be executed."

I think we deported Abu Qatada to Jordan for saying such things?
I wonder why it is that protest activism since the 1980s hasn't really had a close relation to music.
Who was the equivalent of The Clash of the Pistols  for the Occupy guys? Maybe I wasn't moving in the right circles
but there seemed no one fitting the bill.
The only recent example I can think of is Pussy Riot but their music seemed very much more secondary to the protests.

ISayMoo

June 4th, 2019, 7:00 am

Grime?

tw

June 4th, 2019, 7:19 am

Milkshake, Molotov cocktail, whatever. You're about to get some free advice from a visiting dignitary on how to deal with Brussels. While I wouldn't exactly wish Corbyn upon you, there would be some entertainment value in watching him deal with Trump, and vice versa. Boris, much less so.
I think the US divide and conquour game plan about Brussels/Brexit is fairly clear.
I am surprised the story of the US demanding access to the NHS is not getting more airplay.
The thought of the US exporting their "health care system" as a price for a trade deal must cause concern across the political spectrum.
Last edited by tw on June 4th, 2019, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On