SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

trackstar
Topic Author

Re: trackstar's Needle Exchange

February 16th, 2020, 12:33 am

unicorn.jpg
unicorn castle.jpg
The Quiet Forest I posted is Kim Robertson. Balanced, soulful, and proficient.

Some kinds of music go too far into the breathy overwrought New Age genre, so I pick and choose carefully.

It's kind of like unicorn art - there is mystical, but natural and quiet.

And then there is way over the top... : )

Cuchulainn

February 16th, 2020, 12:56 am

Was there a big audience?
About 40 people in a nice venue - historic building in a little town.

My Valentine’s Day date was my sister’s husband, but we are “just friends.”  :D
Sounds very idyllic. That part of USA always reminds me of the paintings of Willem de Kooning, in any case LI.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on February 16th, 2020, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

February 16th, 2020, 1:01 am

Book recommendation for you (I've seen the Ukrainian translation advertised in Kiev, so it must be a bestseller): The Magical Unicorn Society Official Handbook By Selwyn E. Phipps

trackstar
Topic Author

February 16th, 2020, 1:02 am

Sounds very idyllic. That part of USA always reminds me of the paintings of Willem de Koning, in any case LI.
It was nice indeed. WdK always interesting too.  It might be time to visit the MOMA soon.

Should I wear a mask if I go to the Big City?
Last edited by trackstar on March 11th, 2020, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar
Topic Author

February 16th, 2020, 1:03 am

Book recommendation for you (I've seen the Ukrainian translation advertised in Kiev, so it must be a bestseller): The Magical Unicorn Society Official Handbook By Selwyn E. Phipps
Ah wonderful - I will check that out.  I went hiking on the night of the full moon earlier this month.

Did not see any unicorns, but I did hear owls! was fun wandering around the trails in the snow under moonlight.

trackstar
Topic Author

February 17th, 2020, 9:36 pm

On topic in the Off Topic ; )

When the Whip Comes Down - Rolling Stones Live in Texas 1978

Now back to my intricate knot work with very soft yarn. Hehe.

And for the Diamond Princess, 

You Got the Silver - Keith Richards

"You got the diamonds from the mine.
But that's alright
It will buy some time..."

listen to that slide guitar : )

trackstar
Topic Author

February 29th, 2020, 11:16 am

Different tangent today!

The current quilt in progress will be quite large - about 2 meters+ by 3 meters in Varigated Blues.

But for now, I'm heading out to work with my sister and her dogs on a sheep farm.

Sheep?? Anthrax?!!  Arghhhh! Hehe.

Come on now, it is good to be out on the land on a winter-spring day in the mud watching the clever dogs run those sheep around.

Happy 29th of February people - don't forget it is a Leap Year! 29/02/2020. Take care and all the best from the wilderness of New Hampshire. : )

trackstar
Topic Author

February 29th, 2020, 6:19 pm

Sideways photos of farms and livestock like goats, sheep, and burros are such a drag!

Will have to figure out the photo function and size things to post properly (tight side up) some day.  ; _)

trackstar
Topic Author

March 2nd, 2020, 12:10 am

A bit of warmth for the week: I finished the main part of the variegated blue quilt.

Blue is the color of healing and medicine in Buddhism and the color of love and compassion in Hinduism.

And finally, in Tibetan Bardo, where the blue light represents the human realm. 

Now I have to set some traps for the mice in my attic that are rummaging around. (Gentle traps - I will let the mice go in a field some distance from here). Goodnight to all. 

trackstar
Topic Author

March 6th, 2020, 10:10 pm

Just wishing you all a good weekend. I am going way out into the countryside, so I will not be visible here for awhile.

But no worries (or funeral parties hehe) - I don't have c-19 (not yet)!

Just spring fever and that means road trips, one way or another! : )

Vale!

katastrofa

March 6th, 2020, 11:00 pm

Mucha salud, chavala :-)

trackstar
Topic Author

March 11th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Today not cashmere yarn, or silk thread, but metal strings; a relatively good use of time and solitude now. 

trackstar
Topic Author

March 13th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Well, well.  I have been away for a day or so and I see that someone has posted a Trump Care coffin on the last 100 days thread. Haha!

I'll just have you know that I have my own private insurance (but I am also disinclined to rely on institutions of any kind...)

Instead a few simple steps:

1) Distinguish between allergies, cold, flu, and CV.  These are well mapped out in numerous places.
2) A clean house!!  Here there is always some dust, pollen, a lovely fluffy cat who sheds everywhere.
Thus having a sniffle or two can very well be due to environment - a clean house is a happy house!
3) You will laugh and it's not medicine, but I have been gargling with Courvoisier three times a day - and once swallowed, it burns all the way down. 
It might not kill viruses, but it will kill everything else! Now we have minimized the risk of allergies and of common colds.
4) Long walks outside in the forest.  It is beautiful out there now; there are no people - just trees and sky. Refreshing!
5) and last but not least: Pumping iron and erging (rowing machine) in the home dungeon.  Good for mind, body, and maybe even soul. 

As for this evening, i have yarn for knitting and a new liquor for sipping.  Yesterday, I visited the local specialty store and chatted with the guys a bit - looking for something i have not tried and wound up with St. Germain - elderflower liquor - unique sweet taste with a little sting to it.  St. Germain is interesting for other reasons too...
I also replenished my Belle de Brillet pear cognac and Drambuie, which I like very much.

So, coffin-watchers, I am dancing in my living room and I.AM.NOT.DEAD.YET! : )

Fever - Madonna

Cuchulainn

March 13th, 2020, 8:52 pm

trackstar
Topic Author

March 13th, 2020, 9:02 pm

Night Fever - Bee Gees

Great movie for 70s retro night.

Heading down to row a 6K now - if I survive this whole thing, I will be a physical marvel (at my age too. Haha!) : )

Have a good evening!
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On