Does anyone here work as a data scientist on the buy side? It's an area I've been intrugued by for a while and I was hoping someone could answer a few of my questions on the nature of the work and prospects:
1. How much of the work is operational (e.g. answering client queries) vs. project/goal based work?
2. Do you work mostly with business types or your peers?
3. Have you/your colleagues always been in DS or did you start in other fields?
4. It feels like everywhere you look there are free DS courses, programming courses etc. Do you think the field is getting saturated? Are the barriers to entry (and exit) too low because of this?
5. What skill set makes a good buy side data scientist?