SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

classyj
Topic Author

Dizzee Rascal & censorship in music

January 19th, 2009, 4:21 pm

After seeing the article sometime ago touching upon the dizzee rascal on news night, i wanted to touch upon this subject. My son is an avid fan off the pop star and i was appalled to find him watching 2 videos recently put on his page. I will be writing a number of letters to the BPI and to a number of current affairs journalists regarding this issue as i find their is actually no censorship in music anymore and i cannot believe this is found to be acceptable in this day and age.

trackstar

January 19th, 2009, 4:35 pm

This thread would have a better chance of survival in the OT.It might even thrive.

Cuchulainn

January 19th, 2009, 6:33 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: mackbarThis thread would have a better chance of survival in the OT.It might even thrive. subtitle of thread is:"This is the forum for general quantitative finance banter. :

trackstar

January 19th, 2009, 6:36 pm

I noticed that classyj is brand new, so as a courtesy, I opened a thread up in Off-Topic.Was choosy with the hot links, as a precaution.
Last edited by trackstar on January 18th, 2009, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meteor

January 19th, 2009, 7:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: classyjAfter seeing the article sometime ago touching upon the dizzee rascal on news night, i wanted to touch upon this subject. My son is an avid fan off the pop star and i was appalled to find him watching 2 videos recently put on his page. I will be writing a number of letters to the BPI and to a number of current affairs journalists regarding this issue as i find their is actually no censorship in music anymore and i cannot believe this is found to be acceptable in this day and age. I have to say is Dizee is a badman!maybe you should get a bit more involved with your son. Dont blame other people for your own failure.

barny

January 25th, 2009, 6:42 pm

Introduce him to guitars and drums. Then he'll be spending his time listening to Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Oasis, RHCP, Smashing Pumpkings, Pink Floyd, Rage against the machine etc. etc. rather than that Dizzy Rascal crap. Conincidently most of the above artists don't have too many songs that need "censoring" per se, if you mean issues rather than words.

Cuchulainn

January 25th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Add (RHCP), AC/DC, Guns and Roses., Kaizer Chiefs,... The risk is that they never grow up and they eat you out of house and home. And don't forget Ozzie! On a more serious, this censorship stuff is as old as the hills; in the 20th century, jazz, rock and roll were seen as the work of the devil. What's new?Maybe Dizzy is addressing real issues?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on January 24th, 2009, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

March 7th, 2010, 12:14 pm

Bonkers

Cuchulainn

Re: Dizzee Rascal & censorship in music

May 23rd, 2020, 6:03 pm

2020 dizzee is a national treasure.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGjV8SHXLts

Cuchulainn

May 23rd, 2020, 6:04 pm

After seeing the article sometime ago touching upon the dizzee rascal on news night, i wanted to touch upon this subject. My son is an avid fan off the pop star and i was appalled to find him watching 2 videos recently put on his page. I will be writing a number of letters to the BPI and to a number of current affairs journalists regarding this issue as i find their is actually no censorship in music anymore and i cannot believe this is found to be acceptable in this day and age.
Stuffy old dad? I hope I'm not like that when I grow old, what?
(I would be more concerned with papa learning how to write proper English)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGjV8SHXLts
Last edited by Cuchulainn on May 23rd, 2020, 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cuchulainn

May 23rd, 2020, 6:11 pm

Cuchulainn

May 23rd, 2020, 8:05 pm

Introduce him to guitars and drums. Then he'll be spending his time listening to Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Oasis, RHCP, Smashing Pumpkings, Pink Floyd, Rage against the machine etc. etc. rather than that Dizzy Rascal crap. Conincidently most of the above artists don't have too many songs that need "censoring" per se, if you mean issues rather than words.
Old skule.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On