SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

The Contribution Process

October 4th, 2011, 1:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: EtukaQuoteOriginally posted by: Polters/and you think that's/and you think its (NOT "it's"!)I'm afraid it's it's. Its is possessive...For many folks, it's customary to use it's even when it's its and when it's not it's.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 3rd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Polter

The Contribution Process

October 4th, 2011, 1:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: EtukaQuoteOriginally posted by: Polters/and you think that's/and you think its (NOT "it's"!)I'm afraid it's it's. Its is possessive...Just as it's supposed to be -- the context of the sentence is "its feature is X", not "it is X." The relevant fragment is: "you think its quality adheres the requirements".// BTW, outrun -- s/adheres the requirements/adheres to the requirements I'm pretty positive it's "its" -- remember "it's" is just a contraction of "it is", a good rule to find out whether I'm right is to substitute "it is" in the fragment above and see if it still makes sense
Last edited by Polter on October 3rd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Etuka

The Contribution Process

October 4th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Ah. Pendantry requires enthusiasm and diligence that I just don't possess any more.
Last edited by Etuka on October 3rd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polter

The Contribution Process

October 4th, 2011, 2:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrun we don't want people to verify the requirement all the time So, you don't like test driven development? OK, I'll stop now
Last edited by Polter on October 3rd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fancidev

The Contribution Process

October 11th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Did it occur to anyone to name to library as "Wilmott ..." such as Wilmott quantitative finance library or Wilmott quant toolkit? Or is that no good for trademark reason?btw it would be nice to name the root namespace in the c++ library as wilmott...

Cuchulainn

The Contribution Process

October 25th, 2011, 7:46 am

There are multiple viewpoints and software styles here. For example, FDM is a framework-driven development that uses Boost and C#. Other projects would create libraries (based on the boost style, for example) which has different work practices.Each style has its own priorities in ISO 9126. The development of libraries and framework do not necessarily have to impact each other. I would like to see contributions from (potential) users and their requirements, as well.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 24th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

rmax

The Contribution Process

October 25th, 2011, 10:53 am

Looks like a load of good stuff is going on. I like outrun's initial contribution page, and much of it makes sense. But I think for people to be able to contribute, they need to understand the architecture and operating model they are contributing to. So outrun's initial draft is good starting point, but first we need to break the project up into the various pieces.This is going to be difficult to do on a forum as it is difficult to share ideas, diagrams etc. Is there a better way we can communicate?
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On